The Old Man of Gugh is the only archaeologically researched standing stone in the Isles of Scilly. It dates from the Bronze Age and stands on "Kittern Hill" on the Island of Gugh, (Cornish Keow) an island in the Isles of Scilly off the coast of Cornwall in England.
The old man from Gugh is made of granite. It stands a little crooked and is about 2.7 meters tall. It is not the tallest menhir in the area, the Mount Flagon Menhir is 2.8 m high. The Long Rock Menhir is 2.5 m high. Both are located on St Mary’s.
There are five entrance graves on Kittern Hill, of which Obadiah’s Barrow (about 300 m east of Old Man) was excavated in 1901 by George Bonsor. He also dug around the base of the Old Man but found nothing there.