The Wotan statue in Munich is located in a wooded area of a park on the Odinstraße. The statue is made of Kelheim marble and has stood on a pedestal above towering rocks since 1874. Time has taken its toll, and the Germanic god of war has lost his right arm and spear over the decades.
The statue was commissioned by Anton Höchl to the little-known sculptor Heinrich Natter to create the figure. Today, the place overgrown by scrub and thorns is enchanted by the visitor - a stark contrast to the neighbouring modernist architecture of the large hospital complex.